The 2016 AGM was held last night at Newton Abbot squash Club.
There were 2 rule changes to the Devon Leagues.
1. It has been agreed to reduce the number of matches from 3 to 2 that a nominated player needs to play. However this will now apply to both Squash & Racketball.
Nominated players for Racketball will now need to play their matches!
2. The Infrequent player rule will now also apply to Racketball. This will be changed online and you can check eligibility using one of the score cards.
Changes to the Devon Cups.
1. Devon Cup and Shield Squash to be changed. All clubs to go into
one event to start off! (15 at present)
Then it will split into two events. The seeding’s will be taken as normal from
last years placement in the Devon Leagues. The computer will pick the seeded
pairs to play each other automatically. The first qualifying round will need to be played
to 15. This is due to the fact that the score card will need to be entered online.
Winners go into the Devon Cup in a new Main & Plate draw and the Devon Shield will only have a Main draw. A plate will be run
just for the Devon Cup and Not the Shield.
2. You will now have to use the score cards to enter results for competitions. Also we have added the Cup rule to the eligibility check. This is the same way to check you league players for team matches except you need to click on a Cup match score card first!!! If you don't check before playing and it comes up that the player doesn't qualify then you will be deducted points automatically and the other team may be given the win due to the change in points.
Below is the Cup rule which has been changed to make it easier to understand.
New Rule for Cups as discussed in the February meeting: 2a, To qualify to play in the Cup and Shield competitions
from the quarter finals.
All nominated Players on the player
registration list must have played 2 league matches for their own team before
the quarter finals of the competition & later rounds at least 3 league
matches are not to be included. The dates used for the Eligibility check online
are: For the quarter finals it is the first day of the Cup week in December and
the later round is the first day of the February Cup week.
All reserve players above the 1st Teams
Nominated No. 5 player must have played 2 league matches before the quarter
finals of the competition & later rounds at least 3 league matches for the 1st team.
This rule is
relaxed for all reserve players ranked below the clubs 1st Teams Nominated No.
must have played at least 2 league matches before the quarter finals of the
competition & later rounds at least 3 league matches for any of the Clubs
Devon League teams.
being entered into a squash competition must have played the relevant Squash
League matches (Not including Cup Matches or Racketball League matches) to
being entered into a Racketball competition must have played the relevant
Racketball League matches (Not including Cup Matches or Squash league matches)
3. The Competitions online will shortly be changed. He are the things that will change to make it easier.
Adding the button
on the competition score card (copy scores from other score card) Like it is on
the league score card.
Competition fixtures into the league calendar so that it goes in to the appropriate
place for both teams to see. Also Bleeding into the list for the Admin to see
when logged in. At present when logged in as Admin you see all the fixtures of
your club, the competitions would need to be added to this list as well.
Hopefully then they will notice the competition more. Also having the Event
under the fixture so that it shows the event i.e. Devon Cup or Devon Shield
bleeding into the league calendar, allowing the input of the score card for the
competition like the league does at the moment. Keep as well the way you can
input now to the competitions through the competitions page when logged in. So
there is two ways to input.
Changing the drop
down list for competitions to a page format with ? 20 competitions per page
with the newest at the top. Older ones will eventually go to the next page.