The 2016 AGM was held last night at Newton Abbot squash Club.
There were 2 rule changes to the Devon Leagues.
1. It has been agreed to reduce the number of matches from 3 to 2 that a nominated player needs to play. However this will now apply to both Squash & Racketball.
Nominated players for Racketball will now need to play their matches!
2. The Infrequent player rule will now also apply to Racketball. This will be changed online and you can check eligibility using one of the score cards.
Changes to the Devon Cups.
1. Devon Cup and Shield Squash to be changed. All clubs to go into
one event to start off! (15 at present)
Then it will split into two events. The seeding’s will be taken as normal from
last years placement in the Devon Leagues. The computer will pick the seeded
pairs to play each other automatically. The first qualifying round will need to be played
to 15. This is due to the fact that the score card will need to be entered online.
Winners go into the Devon Cup in a new Main & Plate draw and the Devon Shield will only have a Main draw. A plate will be run just for the Devon Cup and Not the Shield.
Below is the Cup rule which has been changed to make it easier to understand.
New Rule for Cups as discussed in the February meeting: 2a, To qualify to play in the Cup and Shield competitions from the quarter finals.
All nominated Players on the player registration list must have played 2 league matches for their own team before the quarter finals of the competition & later rounds at least 3 league matches.
Cup matches are not to be included. The dates used for the Eligibility check online are: For the quarter finals it is the first day of the Cup week in December and the later round is the first day of the February Cup week.
All reserve players above the 1st Teams Nominated No. 5 player must have played 2 league matches before the quarter finals of the competition & later rounds at least 3 league matches for the 1st team.
This rule is relaxed for all reserve players ranked below the clubs 1st Teams Nominated No. 5 player.
Such players must have played at least 2 league matches before the quarter finals of the competition & later rounds at least 3 league matches for any of the Clubs Devon League teams.
Players being entered into a squash competition must have played the relevant Squash League matches (Not including Cup Matches or Racketball League matches) to qualify.
being entered into a Racketball competition must have played the relevant
Racketball League matches (Not including Cup Matches or Squash league matches)
3. The Competitions online will shortly be changed. He are the things that will change to make it easier.
1. Adding the button on the competition score card (copy scores from other score card) Like it is on the league score card.
2. Bleeding the Competition fixtures into the league calendar so that it goes in to the appropriate place for both teams to see. Also Bleeding into the list for the Admin to see when logged in. At present when logged in as Admin you see all the fixtures of your club, the competitions would need to be added to this list as well. Hopefully then they will notice the competition more. Also having the Event under the fixture so that it shows the event i.e. Devon Cup or Devon Shield Plate.
3. Also when bleeding into the league calendar, allowing the input of the score card for the competition like the league does at the moment. Keep as well the way you can input now to the competitions through the competitions page when logged in. So there is two ways to input.
4. Changing the drop down list for competitions to a page format with ? 20 competitions per page with the newest at the top. Older ones will eventually go to the next page.